H. pylori is a bacterial infection and usually goes undetected by patients who may or may not notice symptoms. An accurate breath test is available from most labs. H pylori has been linked to cancer, erosion of the stomach, digestive reflux and bronchial problems.
The herbs utilized in A-HP help support a healthy GI tract and digestion, relieving irritation by coating and helping to heal inflamed and ulcerative surfaces.
Symptoms: dull or flaming pain in abdomen (chronic gastritis), nausea and vomiting, repeated burping, bloating and fullness, weight loss, difficulty swallowing, burning throat, pain in chest or restricted breathing, slow GI motility, indigestion, feeling very hungry 1-3 hours after eating, reflux, fatigue, sleeping problems, mood changes/anxiety, skin changes, nutritional deficiencies. Often there are spleen deficiency and stomach chi issues (Chi becomes rebellious causing burping and burning sensation).
Traditional use of some of the herbs:
- Cumin: helpful with ulcer, digestive system, stomach upset
- Dandelion: used as blood cleanser, and for liver/gallbladder support, also a highly nutritious herb Marshmallow: helps relieve irritation by coating inflamed surfaces
- Red Clover: used for cholesterol, toning arterial walls, to prevent clumping of red blood cells, and as blood cleanser, a very nutritious herb
- Elecampane: antiseptic, digestion, antiparasitic, antifungal, lung support
- Clove: anti-parasitic, antiseptic, germicide
- Pushkarmool: used for ulcers, antioxidant, antimicrobial, liver protective, used for cancer care
- Pau D’ Arco: used for immunity, antiviral, antimalarial, and other tropical diseases
- Sage: has been used medicinally for millennia and has antiviral, antimicrobial properties. In China it is used as a yin nerve tonic to strengthen the system. It helps circulation, and is a very potent antioxidant.
Contraindications: Not recommended during pregnancy. Monitor patients on blood thinning medication.
Start with 1-5 drops 2 times a day and titrate up to 20 drops 2- 3 times a day. Can titrate up fairly quick and maximum does not need to be reached. Due to the lifecycle of the organism it should be taken for up to 2 to 3 months.